On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 1:30 PM Charles Curley <
charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> I have an HP HP_LaserJet_MFP_M234sdw_C0FB67_USB_, one of those modern
> "no driver" multifunction printers. It works fine on Bullseye. I have
> the printer hooked up via USB to a server, hawk, and it prints just
> fine.
>
> I have a client, ideapc, which sees the printer and prints to it just
> fine.
>
> I also have an ancient i386 IBM R51 running Bookworm, dragon. On dragon,
> using system-config-printer, I can see the printer automagically
> discovered. I can open up the queue window for the printer, and request
> a test page.

If you are trying to run Bullseye on an actual i386 CPU you will have
strange problems as the minimum hardware version is i686 Pentium II. That
change took place in Debian quite a while ago. The arch still says i386 due
to the large number of dependencies it did not make sense to try to change
it to i686.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/