On 5/22/2023 2:10 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
mick.crane wrote:
This is a request for best practice, perceived knowledge.
For one reason and another this PC/Workstation (what is the difference?)
boots in legacy mode. It was something to do with the SS usb port not
booting the installer in EFI mode.
I forget exactly.
Anyway, it's a niggle that it is legacy mode and changing a working system
seems a palaver.
As I have the /home stuff all being/copied onto another disk I thought I'd
reinstall and try to get it tidy.
I thought to try this virtualisation.
Q1. Would openbox be the one to go for?
Things I use work happily on Bookworm but seems openbox is only available in
Sid for now.
Should I try to build openbox or try to get it from Sid if OpenBox is what I
want?
I have purchased 64Gb of this DIMM memory for the experimentation.
Openbox is a window manager.

You probably mean VirtualBox, and the answer is no.

Why is VirtualBox a no?  I use it; it works  fine.

Try KVM/QEMU, which is available via the libvirt tools; the
primary graphical interface is virt-manager, and the primary CLI
is virsh.

-dsr-

Marl Allums