On 5/24/23, Hans <hans.ullr...@loop.de> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> there is a little problem, I am trying to fix.
>
> After upgrade to bookworm the keyboard layout has changed from German to US
>
> (de to us).

< snipped for relevance >

> Some thing I noticed at bootup: When the kernel is started (or before kernel
>
> starts), I get a message like "/etc/console-setup/cached-utf8.tmp not
> correct", however, this message was seen before on bullseye, where
> everything
> was ok.

Hi, Hans.. Have you tried renaming cached-utf8.tmp to move it out of
the way to see if the system creates a new one? I rename the "." to
"DOT" when I do that. Other times I'll move my problem files to a
completely new, relatively "safe" directory, e.g. ~/Documents.

The problem with changing that name is it might make the keyboard
instantly useless. If you have the option to do so, maybe playing in
either chroot or a virtual machine is best just in case that file does
a lot despite its harmless looking "tmp" name there.

My setup doesn't have that cached-utf8.tmp file. Does it contain
anything that would be worth sharing in your thread here?

If this was happening to me, I'd go the full reboot after the file
name change just to be confident the kernel was basically in full
control.

Hoping there's an easy solve. You all have already touched on my
favorites, those two "dpkg-reconfigure" ones.

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *