On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com> writes:

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com> writes:

I want to install Debian on a new machine but don't manage to boot from USB
stick.  (I can do so regularly with another machine, so the USB stick is ok
and so is the Debian netinst I burned onto it.)  At the boot I press F9 and
a menu appears where I can choose to boot from USB stick; but then it
doesn't so at all booting instead into Windows 11.  In BIOS I enabled the
CSM protocol but nothing.  Please help as I don't know what to do: thanks.

Now I tried with a CDROM instead of a USB stick but the problem remains.

...And now I tried even with an MS Windows 10 installation CDROM but the
problem remains!

I may have missed it: have you tried going into Windows 10 and into setup, looking for 'boot' in the search bar and select 'change advanced startup options'? then you go to "Advanced startup" and hit "Restart now"?

When the machine reboots go into the BIOS/UEFI system and select your usb.

Sorry if this has been proposed already and I missed it. Also sorry if it doesn't work. I have to do it if I want to boot from usb on my Acer laptop.

fjd

--

Verbum sat sapienti.