Hello,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 12:38:40PM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> I should have mentioned in OP the logs are in a dir under my own apache
> installation dir, and they are text files. I’ll try to get “logrotate” to
> take them over.

It should happen by default.

Normally logrotate is called by a systemd timer:

$ systemctl status logrotate.timer

(on a sysvinit system this will be by an init script instead, but
again, I'm assuming you haven't gone too far out of your way to be
non-default)

The apache2 package ships the logrotate config snippet at
/etc/logrotate.d/apache2. That file should show the paths to your
apache2 log files.

Cheers,
Andy