Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2021-01-03 06:58 (UTC-0400):

> My main computer runs  Debian Buster and is displaying some unusual
> behavior.

> The monitor is blanking, without warning, at random times, and restoring
> the screen  while I working. There is no warning, nor does the computer
> seem to be overheating (I continuously monitor the temperature).

> I rather suspect that it may be a hardware problem. I keep the software
> up to date.

This 30 month old issue smells a lot like the current one. Do you still have a
KVM
switch hooked up to the M5 A97 R2.0's GPU? I don't see a solution in that thread
on https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/01/threads.html .
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata