On 11/07/2023 16:15, Yoann LE BARS wrote:

Hello, everybody out there!

     I am migrating my desktop computer from Fedora to Debian. The thing
is, this computer runs an nVidia GeForce 750, and I need to run the
real-time kernel, as well as I need some video decoding hardware
acceleration. Also, I would like to switch to Wayland, as it seems
pretty stable now.

     Well, it seems Nouveau is not providing video decoding for my GPU
yet (https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/FeatureMatrix.html), but nVidia
proprietary driver version 525 seems to support my hardware
(https://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/525.89.02/README/supportedchips.html).

     Before doing anything wrong, is it possible to confirm that I will
be able to run the proprietary nVidia driver 525 on the real-time
kernel—and maybe Wayland?

Hi Yoann,

Before you jump ship and reinstall your Fedora OS, I strongly suggest to
try things in Debian Live mode, or even install it on USB stick and boot
from it, to see how things are.
You can install Debian version of nvidia driver by using "nvidia-detect"
command from package of the same name, it will tell you which nvidia
driver in Debian natively supports your GPU.
Then you can go ahead and install that driver, after reboot, check how
things are.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀