On 7/12/23 06:49, gene heskett wrote:
On 7/12/23 06:01, Stanislav Vlasov wrote:
ср, 12 июл. 2023 г. в 14:45, lina <lina.lastn...@gmail.com>:
I want to have 100 TB capacity to store/analyze data.
I am thinking of adding 5 hard drives, each is 18TB,

Some primitive calcs: 5*18T = 90T, not 100T. Maybe you need 6 hdd?

and then merge them into one volume?

If your hardware supports 6 hard drives (5*18T + your 2T), you can use
lvm for merging 5 of them to one volume, or create raid0 by mdadm.
Some risks with plain disk merging - if one of your drives die, entire
volume dies.
It may be mitigated by use raid5 with 1 additional drive or raid6 with
2 (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAIDhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID)

--
Stanislav

.
Unfortunately, I'm getting wikipedia's fancy 403 at that link?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

It's a double-paste. The real URL is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

-Carl Fink