On 24 Jul 2023 11:57 -0600, from charlescur...@charlescurley.com (Charles
Curley):
> I have been able to run vivaldi (a chromium derivative) on my Lenovo
> Yoga 13 under Bullseye, and under Bookworm upgraded from Bullseye.
> However, I just did a fresh installation of Bullseye, and I see the
> following:
>
> charles@tsalmoth:~$ vivaldi &
> [1] 31395
> charles@tsalmoth:~$ MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is
> incomplete
> libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed
>
> charles@tsalmoth:~$
>
> Regression?
>
> Any thoughts on what's going on or what to do about it?

Checking on packages.debian.org, it appears that iHD_drv_video.so is
provided by two different packages: intel-media-va-driver and
intel-media-va-driver-non-free.

Is there any chance that one system has (or the system had when it was
working) one installed, and the other (or the reinstalled system) has
the other installed? Particularly, judging by the package
descriptions, is it possible that the problematic system has
intel-media-va-driver (the one that does not end in -non-free)
installed?

Even the version numbers are confusingly similar, but not identical.

https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/intel-media-va-driver

https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/intel-media-va-driver-non-free

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”