Hello,

I have the following udev rule in /lib/udev/rules.d/99-local.rules:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ATTRS{removable}=="1",
PROGRAM="/lib/udev/foreground-user", RESULT!="root", MODE="0600",
OWNER="$result"

This is to ensure that, if someone is logged in on the graphical
console at the time when a USB is inserted, this person becomes the
owner of the devive file belonging to the stick, /dev/sd[a-z].

I found out that, though this works for users listed in /etc/passwd, it
does not for users who have a remote NIS account.

That problem already occurred a longer time ago, but in the meanwhile,
I had solved (by following suggestions from the internet) it by
installing unscd and creating a file /etc/systemd/system/systemd-
udevd.service.d/override.conf with the following content:

[Service]
IPAddressAllow=localhost

But now, the problem occurs again: After booting the computer,
I have to restart systemd-udevd to make 99-local.rules work as desired.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Regards
   Christoph