Le 04/08/2023 à 11:44, Loris Bennett a écrit :
Hi,

I have a 10 year-old Dell E6230 laptop which I have updated regularly,
starting from Squeeze and have now updated to Bookworm.  Everything
seems to work except for the fact that a module fails to build for the
new kernel:

   Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 6.1.0-10-amd64 (x86_64)
   Consult /var/lib/dkms/psmouse/alps-1.3/build/make.log for more information.
[...]

Hello,

I would say that in a distant past one needed to build this driver from external sources but nowadays it is included in the linux kernel source tree?
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/v6.1/drivers/input/mouse/alps.c

and it seems that in Debian Bookworm this driver is present directly in-kernel (not as a module):
didier@hp-notebook14:~$ find /lib/modules -name *alps*
/lib/modules/6.1.0-10-amd64/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-alps.ko
didier@hp-notebook14:~$ grep -i alps /boot/config*
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_ALPS=y
CONFIG_HID_ALPS=m

Perhaps am I wrong, but with Debian Bookworm, your alps device should work without a DKMS module, out of the box?