On 12 Aug 2023 20:49, gene heskett wrote:
ipv6:
There is no ipv6 service within 100 miles, so I should set a /proc command to kill ipv6, so whats the official syntax? for that.

I don't know if there is another method, I'll give you mine, which consists in telling the kernel to completely disable IPv6, in the kernel command line.

Edit "/etc/default/grub", on the line "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX" (or "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT", depending on your config), add :

  ipv6.disable=1

Don't forget to run "update-grub", then reboot.

If it worked, you will find in the syslog :
"IPv6: Loaded, but administratively disabled, reboot required to enable".

If you're not using GRUB, you will have to find where kernel options should be entered (also called kernel command line).

--
++
zithro / Cyril