On 23 Sep 2023 22:53 +0200, from p...@sojka.co (Greg):
> I'm using mc in xfce4-terminal. To close mc you use F10 key. Unfortunately,
> the xfce4-terminal option
> Edit->Preferences->Advance->Disable menu shortcut key (F10 by default)
> Does not work. Whatever I set, F10 always activates menu.
>
> Is this a bug? Could someone fix? Is there any workaround?

I'm not having the problem you describe on an up-to-date Bookworm
installation. In xfce4-terminal, choosing to disable the menu shortcut
key, starting Midnight Commander and pressing F10 brings up the dialog
asking if I want to quit Midnight Commander.

Are you able to reproduce the issue under a brand new user account?

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”