Hi list,

maybe someone can answer my question:

I am building kali linux 32-bit live from time to time, and then, after I get
the ISO, I install it as usual to an usb-stick using dd in=****** of=****,
just as usual.

Now since some months booting this stick changed. In ealier times at boot the
kali menu started, then it boot.

But today there is first a memeory counter "(XXX/528M)" counting up, then, when
528 is reached, the kali menu appears and I can boot as normal.

So, question: Why is this so? What has changed and can I avoid this somehow in
the syslinux or grub menu?

I saw this behaviour also on other livesystems but not at everyones.

If you can tell me some technical background of this, I would appreciate this.

By the way:  Creating a kali live with 64-bit and same packages, this behavior
does not appear.

Any hints?

Best regards

Hans