On Sun 24 Sep 2023 at 22:13:20 (+0000), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 9/24/23, Marco M. <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
> > On most Android phones, you need to explicit allow data transfers.
>
>  What do you functionally mean? I need for you to talk to me like
> this:  a) go "Settings"; b) ...

On bullseye I have android-file-transfer installed. I connect the
phone to the PC with USB, and run this function:

  samsungd ()
  {
      sudo mkdir -p /media/samsungd || true;
      sudo chown "$USER" /media/samsungd;
      aft-mtp-mount /media/samsungd
  }

whereupon the phone will ask:

  Allow access to phone data?
              … …
     [Deny]       [Allow]

Tapping Allow makes the contents of the phone appear under
/media/samsungd. I use mc to transfer files in each direction.
When I've finished, I run:

  unsamsungd ()
  {
      ###;
      fusermount -u /media/samsungd;
      sudo rmdir /media/samsungd || true
  }

and disconnect the cable (the one that came in the box with the phone).

Actually, the ### is really a call to a function that runs a flavour
of updatedb, and generates a compressed ls -lAR (for mc) and a
compressed custom listing of all the files (date/size/name).
BTW the d distinguishes my own phone from our other one when they're
both connected (there's no daemon involved).

As for (android-tools-)adb, I read that unless
android-sdk-platform-tools-common is installed, you need to run adb
as root. I don't know what extra things adb buys you, compared with
android-file-transfer. I'm mainly interested in pictures, movies,
audio, and stuff like that, rather than screwing around the phone's
internals.

Cheers,
David.