Am Sonntag, 1. Oktober 2023, 19:25:39 CEST schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 1:09 PM Hans <hans.ullr...@loop.de> wrote:
> > reset did not work. The menu for setting AHCI has completely disappeared
> >
> > The livesystems do not boot, as UEFI inhibits it. And in the BIOS UEFI can
> > NOT be disabled!
>
> Sometimes you need to set a BIOS password to unlock additional menu
> items, like an item to disable Secure Boot.
>
> Acer laptops are like that. I think Acer also uses Insyde for their
> firmware upgrades, <https://www.google.com/search?q=Acer+Insyde>.
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

yes, I tried this, and if I set a password for the hdd in BIOS, I can disable
UEFI. However, the nvme-drive needs UEFI activated, thus my livesystems won't
boot.

I tried to overwrite the actual firmware, but as it was the newest one, the
installer inhibits to overwrite the existing BIOS.

Hope this make things clearer

Best

Hans