Hi all

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 12
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.103.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.0-13-amd64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 4 × AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 31.2 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD CAICOS
Manufacturer: MSI
Product Name: MS-7974
System Version: 1.0

I have been trying to install the balenaEtcher software package *balenaEtcher-1.18.11-x64.AppImage *for 2 days without success. I keep getting the following error:

*ERROR:ozone_platform_x11.cc(247)] Missing X server or $DISPLAY
[10145:1109/120137.666202:ERROR:env.cc(226)] The platform failed to initialize.  Exiting*

I have been searching the internet for solutions and have found many listings but none of them work. My $DISPLAY variable is empty which may be the source of the problem but what should it hold? I am using the .deb file downloaded from the balena web sight. Sorry if this information is a bit sketchy but is the best I can do at this point.

Any help on this problem will be sincerely appreciated. i really need a package that can handle burning .iso files to SD cards and this seems to be the best out there.

Gary R

*
*