Paul M Foster wrote:
> After using claws-mail for a number of years, I'm testing the idea of going
> back to mutt and fetchmail. One problem I've encountered is how to get
> local mail in /var/mail/paulf into mutt's inbox at /home/paulf/Mail/in.
>
> I could run a POP server, and have fetchmail query it like any other
> smarthost, but I'd rather not add another daemon. Does anyone know a way to
> have mutt and/or fetchmail grab mail from /var/mail/paulf to
> /home/paulf/Mail/in?

1. tell mutt your spool is /var/mail/paulf:

set spoolfile="/var/mail/paulf"

(if that's a Maildir, end it with a /)

2. tell fetchmail to deliver via a local agent that will put
things where you want them, like procmail or mailfilter or...
anyway, use the 'mda' config in fetchmail's config file to
specify that.

-dsr-