thread back from the dead:
first, thanks for all of the input and wise suggestions

I am going crazy with Thunderbird, and Claws too.
Now Claws has a calendar add-on, did not try it but maybe it will suffice.

My longtime web and email host support have been struggling to help me, Kudos to webmasters dot com

IMP vs POP ...the "web" seems to reverse the definitions! I don't know who to trust

I really want to keep messages on their server, space is Not an issue.

Question: with IMAP is it feasible for a mail client to Leave messages on the server?