On 11/23/23 18:18, Curt wrote:
On 2023-11-21, Greg <p...@sojka.co> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using following command to backup:

rdiff-backup backup /home/ 'orfeusz::/mnt/backup/home'

and get the following:

WARNING: this command line interface is deprecated and will disappear,
start using the new one as described with '--new --help'.

Unfortunately I'm unable to translate to the new interface.
Any suggestions?

30. Why does rdiff-backup complain about command line interface being
     deprecated even though I’m using the new syntax?

  Calling for example rdiff-backup backup loc1 server2::loc2 leads to a message
  WARNING: this command line interface is deprecated and will disappear, start
  using the new one as described with '--new --help'.

  You must be using a remote location in your call, as in our example. In order
  to make sure that the other side understands the call, rdiff-backup uses the
  CLI form fitting the default API version. For example, at time of writing,
  rdiff-backup 2.2 uses API 200 by default and hence calls rdiff-backup --server
  so that the CLI can be understood by rdiff-backup 2.0. If the server side is
  v2.2+, then the warning message will appear.

  Call rdiff-backup with the higher API and the message will disappear.

  Calling for example rdiff-backup --api-version 201 backup loc1 server2::loc2
  will make sure that rdiff-backup server is being called, getting rid of the
  warning message.

https://rdiff-backup.net/FAQ.html