Hi folks,

hmm, looks like the only way is using a hotspot, either one as a vitual one
using hostapd (or some similar software).

But this is just what I wanted to avoid, as every software between streaming
device and receiving device will cause delays (which I also get when using a
router i.e. some Fritz!Box or similar).

So at the moment it looks like there is no "wireless-crossover-connection". I
also never heard of it, that it is possible at all.

Well, still keep searching. At the moment I am falling back to the combination

Host 1 > AP -> Host 2

Thanks for all the help. See it as solved, but I will let this question some
time open, and then mark it as [SOLVED] in a few days.

Best regards

Hans