Is there any way to determine which packages are used of the many
that come with an install?
    My Raspberry Pi install of bookworm has some 1800 packages
installed many of which I know I don't use, many others I suspect I
don't use but don't know if some program I do use depends on them at
some point in its life.
    $ apropos editor | wc   reports 23 hits
Six of which are various versions of VI which I don't use but pico,
nano, mcedit, mousepad and mu-editor are also included. I only use jed
but don't know what would break if I purged the others and am loathe
to break a working system.
    There are 259 packages whose name starts with 'python', admittedly I
could purge one a week and see if anything breaks, that would only take
5 years but I'm not quite that patient.

    Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike McClain
--
Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.
    - Richard Bach