On Sat 02 Dec 2023 at 07:06:37 (+0100), to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2023 at 02:52:25AM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> >  direct dependencies of packages which haven't been downloaded,
> > install. I need to download those packages.
> >  These should be a straightforward way to do that or an easy hack.
> >  lbrtchx
>
> I /think/ this hack might involve iterations until you hit a fixed
> point.
>
> See -- package dependencies are listed in the package itself, so
> you know your original package's direct dependencies. Off you go,
> download those, look into those packages, find the dependencies...
> and off you go, download the dependencies's dependencies.
>
> Until you reach the fixed point.
>
> There's one package, apt-cache, which can look at a pre-made complete
> dependencies's network. But to update that database you have to be
> online...
>
> Sounds like quite the fun.

Would it not be more straightforward to download APT's lists, and copy
them to the unconnected machine. # apt-get update   will bitch and
moan about Release files, but still recreate the .bin caches, and
$ apt-get -s -d install foo   will list all the missing dependencies
(± --no-install-recommends to taste) in one fell swoop.

Cheers,
David.