Folks:

I'm on Debian bookworm, using neomutt for email. Where there is an image to
view, viewing it in neomutt calls up one of the ImageMagick programs. I've set
the mailcap_path variable in my neomutt config to point to ~/.mailcap, and
set an entry in there for image/jpg to point to /usr/bin/feh. I've even set
the "display" alternative to feh with update-alternatives. Still, mutt is
calling an imagemagick program to display jpgs.

First, if alternatives doesn't point to the imagemagick program, and the
mailcap file doesn't point to it, and there's nothing in the neomutt config
pointing to the imagemagick program, then where the heck is it getting that
as the program to use to display images?

Second, how do I fix this so that mutt uses feh to display images?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com