Folks:

Like everyone else, I get emails with links in them which need to be
clicked to change passwords, verify identity and such. I was a loyal mutt
user for years, but problems with URLs caused me to eventually change to
claws-mail. Recently, I tweaked my mutt config, and URLs seemed to work
better. So I switched back to mutt. All was fine until now. I got a
critical email with links in it, and it wouldn't work. (I know, that's not
a great description.)

As a solution, I took that email from my mutt mail file and stripped out
all the headers and non-HTML content. Then I fed that to my browser. Sorta
worked. However, the button I was supposed to click didn't work properly.
It attempted to retrieve a page it couldn't find. Digging deeper, I looked
into the actual HTML file. Apparently, something was wrapping lines to
about 75 characters, and putting an equals sign at the end of every line
which had been wrapped. This apparently interfered with the browser
correctly interpreting the HTML.

One wrinkle here is that mail is fed to maildrop. In my config file for
this, there is only one line which messes with incoming mail:

xfilter "reformail -f1"

All this does is add a From if an email isn't properly formatted.

So my first question is, what is wrapping the lines on my incoming emails,
and how do I fix it?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster