On 19/01/2024 04:08, Charles Curley wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 00:02:44 +0700
Max Nikulin wrote:

Have you faced real issues namely with hardware acceleration?

Other than this, not that I know of.

I do not think the message concerning iHD is related to any real issue. I see "oops" in the subject, but perhaps it is caused by something else. I recall another thread

SOLVED [was: Chromium under Xfce/bookworm anyone?] Wed, 13 Sep 2023 20:11:08 +0200
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/zqh7peojdoudu...@tuxteam.de

iHD driver is tied first, but your graphics card is too old for it,
so i965 loaded next. I am unsure if it is possible to suppress
attempt to load iHD and so to avoid an error message e.g. by setting
some environment variable.

I see nothing in chromium's rather minimal man page. I also tried
several command line switches in
https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/, to no
avail.

The same message is reported by vainfo, so it is not specific to chromium. I have not tried a recipe given in

https://wiki.debian.org/HardwareVideoAcceleration#VA-API
Driver selection can be overridden by setting the environment variable
LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME to a specific driver, e.g., LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965 (to
use the driver from i965-va-driver on Bullseye) or LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD
(to use the driver from intel-media-va-driver on Debian 10/Buster). See
EnvironmentVariables for more details on how to set this environment
variable system-wide or per user.