On 1/19/24, Andrew M.A. Cater <amaca...@einval.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 03:22:52PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>> On 1/19/24, Max Nikulin <maniku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Precise steps
>> > depend on degree of your paranoia.
>>  ... and mine is of the totally irrevocable, even joyful kind; so,
>> where are the steps?
>>  I have always believe that Debian’s basic assumptions about using the
>> Internet as a relatively secure, “private” venue are definitely more
>> worryingly irrational than my paranoia.
>>  I think at some point I will have to learn more about Debian’s apt
>> utility. Any documentation you would suggest explaining it all from
>> the protocoled structure of deb packages to the various installation
>> procedures depending on degree of paranoia? When I learn something I
>> like to learn all of it.
> What aspect? apt sits on top of package dependencies, package signing,
> package validation ...

 Well, "my mind" has been partially trained, partially conditioned to
be kind of mix of poetic/artistic, scientific (mostly Math and
Physics, but anything empirical I find fascinating and technical
things somewhat, but I can’t be abused by all that AI cr@p you find
everywhere these days) and downright paranoid and proudly, joyfully so
;-)

 To me saying that you can ensure security, that thing they used to
call "privacy", ... with software would be like saying that you could
invent some sort of esperanto which would not allow for people to lie.

 Package dependencies to me are just DAGs, what I am mostly interested
in is how the various hard-, soft- and "mind"-ware "techne" aspects
related to one another and for that kind of semiotic study you need to
look into the grammar established by the different processes that go
on a computer. The nodes of the DAGs (the "characters" of that
grammar) conditioning the different kinds of transformations offered
by the packages’ utilities when programs run. So, to start I would
like to study the Debian packages and how dpkg establishes and keeps
those dependencies. What happens on the hire and on the repositories
with certificates ... I haven’t found a book yet, explaining it all.
At times I have found great explanations about single aspects.

 lbrtchx