I'm not sure if this is actually a bug in the mc package or maybe somewhere in
sshd or in some library that uses ssh. That's why I didn't report it via
reportbug. Anyway, I noticed the effects only in Shell Link in mc. SSH in the
terminal works fine. FTP Link in mc also works properly.
The bug appeared today and is visible on all computers connecting to remote
Debian Testing systems regardless of MC version (I tested it with mc from
Ubuntu 18 and from the current Mint). File and directory names on the remote
Debian Testing computer containing UTF-8 Non-ASCII characters are displayed
incorrectly and the files and directories cannot be read.
For example, instead of a file with a name containing the Polish letters
"AąCćEę", Shell Link mc sees a file named "A304205C304207E304231".
Can anyone advise me which package this error should be reported for?

Jureq