On 1/21/24 01:46, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 07:56:16PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
On 1/20/24 19:03, phoebus phoebus wrote:
Hello,

Hm ok, it's all too much guesswork then.

I understand that the lack of detailed information can make it challenging to
provide precise solutions.
I believe I have addressed these questions as accurately and honestly as
possible in my previous response to Greg, while also incorporating the
information we discussed earlier.

Regards,
Thierry

I might point out in all this hand waving, that no one puts a contract out
for bid, without specifying the performance required to do the job, which we
aren't privileged to see. A description of what it must do, should not be a
copyright probem as its is part and parcel of the "clean room" description
the coders work from.

[...]

I must say that the OP's description was sufficiently clear to me to get
a rough idea of what I'd do to wrap it in C (OK, the specific escapery
would have to be written down and so on, but that's details).

Perhaps I've lived for too long in this weird design space.

At 89, Tomas, I've long since got that message. I go to walmart for some food since here in small town USA they are one of the two choices, and every time I go thru the self checkout they've changed the software in the scanner and something that worked 3 days ago doesn't today. I've offered to write them something that just works more than once. It would take a while to sort the hardware's needs but that's detail stuff and we both know it. Maybe the coders that do it in Bentonville are doing it for job security knowing if they ever did it right, the job would be over. That is how MBA's think. But having to contain and face the wrath of an MBA who thinks he's my boss whose sales idea is payola, subject to a $27,500 fcc fine for every time it airs, I've been threatened with firing for insubordination, but as long as I have the fcc required letter in my file cabinet, designating me as chief operator, my sayso gets their tape dropped on the eraser. Like Shakespear said about lawyers long ago applies here.

Cheers

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis