On Sonntag, 21. Januar 2024 02:35:13 -03 gene heskett wrote:
> I'm trying to get our states Attorney General to exert some influence
> over a cell phone bill I don't owe. The AG has sent me a form letter
> PDF with fill in the blanks for all the info.
>
> Do we have an editor in our arsenal that can do that to a pdf?
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Just a remark.
Gene,
many people (working in General Attorney offices too) do not know that
they must not simply send a dokument to PRINT as PDF but that it is
necessary to EXPORT the document as PDF. If it is sent to print then it
loses all ability to fill in the form, because it ends up as a PDF which
is meant to be printed and nothing else.
If the the form has fields to be filled by the receiver of the form, then
the only way to go is (for example with Libreoffice Writer) export as PDF.
If you have received a form you may open it using Okular. If Okular then
shows:
"This document has forms. Click on the button to interact with them, or
use View -> Show Forms." and also shows the pertinent button "Show
Forms" then all is well.
If Okular does not show the message nor the button then you are out of
luck.
You might ask the sender to send the form again but this time using
"Export to pdf" instead of just sending it as a file to the pdf printer.
But many an office worker is too computer illiterate to manage "such a
complex task" (it's not complicated).
Then all options left to you is painting over the pdf. Either by using a
drwaing program like other already mentioned or by using Okular and
trying to insert text over the form. It's try-and-error to hit the right
spot.
*Important:*
In any case THEN you need to send the form as file to a pdf printer.
Otherwise the overlay is only stored on your disk but will not be sent
to the intended receiver together with the original pdf file.

Hope eventually all goes well for you and all the best to you
Eike
--
Eike Lantzsch KY4PZ / ZP5CGE