Hi Thomas,

> Anyways, 32 GB of size should not be a problem.

Ok. size does not matter

> > When the stick is booting, first appear the usual text messages,

The first message is the boot prompt. Then the usual messages· PCI found and so
on.

Last message is, that a new USB device is found, then the screen goes blank. I
can make some snapshots of a video, by interest.

> Can you determine the origin of the last visible messages ?

Yes, see above.
> BIOS/EFI ?

The BIOS is without EFI.

> Boot loader (GRUB or ISOLINUX/SYSLINUX) ?

Bootloader is grub, the image is an image from kali linux. The big size comes
from a virtualbox image inside for windows 10. (the vmdk is smaller than 4GB,
so bootcdwrite got not into problems).

> Linux ?

Yes, KALI Linux, which is Debian based.
> Debian installation software ?

vers close to.

> Is Virtualbox using the same BIOS type as the real machine ?
> I mean EFI versus Legacy BIOS aka CSM mode.

Yes, it uses legacy bios.

> Is the USB stick large enough for the image ?

Yes, it is. The image is about 32 GB big, the USB-stick is 64GB. Should fit
very well. The last ISO working was baout 12GB and fit on a 32GB stick.

> Can dd read the whole image back from the USB stick ?

Yes, it can. I tried also dd with option bs=1, so to install bitwise, just to
make clear everything is copied.

>   # Set variable blocks to image file size divided by 2048
>   blocks=...
>   # Set variable stick to device file address of the USB stick
>   stick=...
>
>   dd if="$stick" bs=2048 count="$blocks" | md5sum

I already tried thzis, too. 1024, 2048 and 4096, and of course 1.

> If no i/o error is reported by dd, compute the MD5 sum of the image file
> and compare both.

Already did, comarision was ok.

> It's not impossible. Especially if the stick hardware has problems.
> But depending on the origin of the last visible message there is also
> a chance that boot loader or Linux derail because of buggy file content
> in the elsewise healthy ISO.

This stick is new. However, the stck I used before, was another distributor. I
changed the stick, because the former stick I used before, died after about
10th or 12th installing of the iso.

> Have a nice day :)

Same to you!

Best