Von: Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Januar 2024 14:40
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Betreff: Re: AW: su su- sudo dont work

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 12:57:17PM +0000, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> sudo apt-get install firefox
> Reaction LINUX
> This is not allowed we send a message to the admin.
>
> I do open root terminal
> there its working.

It sounds like you are not authorized to use "sudo" on this computer.

This is precisely the scenario for which I requested that you run the
"id" command and paste its output into your email.  If you are in
the "sudo" group, then you should be allowed to use sudo.  Here, for
example, is my output:

unicorn:~$ id
uid=1000(greg) gid=1000(greg)
groups=1000(greg),24(cdrom),25(floppy),27(sudo),29(audio),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),108(netdev)

You can see that it includes ",27(sudo)" which demonstrates that I am in
the sudo group, and I am therefore allowed to use sudo on this computer.

If your output does not include this group, then we see the cause.
And then the solution becomes obvious.

We would also see your UID, and this might inform us as to *underlying*
reasons why you are not in the sudo group.  Maybe this isn't UID 1000
(the one created during installation).  Maybe it's a user that was
created later, with a higher UID.  In that case, it's *normal* for you
not to be in the sudo group, until you explicitly add yourself.

We would also see your username, so that if we have to tell you to
run a command to add yourself to the sudo group, we'd be able to give
you the *exact* command, and you could just paste it, or type it,
without having to think.

All of this would have been *REVEALED TO US* if you had simply done what
we asked.

At this point, after years of your membership here, I don't think I've
ever seen you paste information from a Debian terminal session into
your emails.  This leads me to believe you are *incapable* of doing so,
for one reason or another.  Maybe the Debian system is air-gapped,
and you can't ssh to it from the system where you compose emails.
Maybe you compose emails on a handheld mobile device which can't ssh or
copy text.  Maybe you're just too technologically ignorant to do things
like installing PuTTY on Windows and using that to ssh into Debian to
run the commands so they can be pasted.

All I know for sure is that helping you is *incredibly* frustrating,
because not only do you not do the basic steps that are requested, you
also refuse to *explain* why you don't do them.  All we can ever do is
guess.

So anyway, here is my prescription for this particular problem.  These
are the steps you should follow.  They will require that you read and
understand them, and that you actually do them.

1) On the Debian system, while you are logged in as the user who cannot
   use sudo, open a terminal, and run the "id" command.

2) Look for (sudo) in the output.

3) If you see (sudo) in the output, this means your sudoers file is not
   the normal one for Debian.  Something has changed it.  You will have
   to figure out what has changed, and WHY it has changed, and fix it.
   In this case, STOP.  Do not proceed to step 4 or 5.

4) If you do NOT see (sudo), then you will want to add yourself to the
   sudo group.  To do this, you will need your username, which you have
   never revealed to us.  I will therefore have to write a template
   command in which you will have to FILL IN YOUR USERNAME.

   Open a root terminal (which you claim you can do) and run this
   command:

        adduser YOURUSERNAME sudo

   But replace YOURUSERNAME with your Debian username.

5) If you added yourself to the sudo group, then you will need to logout
   of Debian and log back in to make it take effect.  After logging back
   in, run "id" and verify that you are now in the sudo group.

Once you are in the sudo group, you should be able to use sudo, unless
your /etc/sudoers file has been altered, or came from a non-Debian system.

If your /etc/sudoers file is not of Debian origin, then I personally
will refuse to try to help you fix it, because I don't believe you will
be able to follow my instructions correctly.  You will need help from
someone with whom you can communicate effectively.  This may mean you
need to go to a German-language Debian mailing list.  It may mean you
need in-person help from a local expert.  It may mean you have to hand
your entire computer over to a professional.  I don't know what you
need at this point.