* On 2024 02 Feb 19:26 -0600, Lee wrote:
> I bought a Dell desktop in 2019 and the keyboard just died :(
>
> ssh in from another machine & do a 'sudo reboot now' and get an alert
> about 'Keyboard not found.'  on power up.  The keyboard also doesn't
> work in another machine so it's really & truly dead.
>
> I figure there's a high percentage of keyboard jockeys here so ..
> which keyboard do you like and why?

I have several of the now classic IBM Model M keyboards I procured in
the '90s.  Modern BIOSes don't like them even with a PS/2 to USB
adapter so I gave up on them.  The Lenovo KU-0225 is a good keyboard
with the "standard" extra keys that are useful in some desktops.  It is
full size and quiet.

My main keyboard is a daskeyboard I bought several years ago with the
Cherry key switches  It is thick so you might not like it and it is
loud.  It has the same number of keys as the Lenovo, 104, I think.  This
one was not cheap while the Lenovo was considerably less expensive.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB