Hello,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 02:20:59PM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 11:57 AM Ralph Aichinger <r...@h5.or.at> wrote:
> > How does a breaking USB disk differ from a breaking SATA disk?
>
> I may be mistaken, but I believe AS is talking about USB thumb drives,
> SDcards and the like. I don't think he's talking about external SSD's
> and NVME's over USB. But I don't want to put words in his mouth.

I really do mean all forms of USB that come over a USB port.

I wouldn't have much issue with taking a USB drive out of its caddy
to get the SATA drive from inside, except that it would have to be
an amazingly good deal to make it worth voiding the warranty, so I
generally wouldn't bother.

If I need directly attached storage I'd much rather explore options
like SAS and eSATA, or even networked storage, before I would ever
consider USB for a permanent installation.

Thanks,
Andy