On 2/16/24 13:56, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
On Friday 16 February 2024 04:52:22 am David Christensen wrote:
I think the Raspberry Pi, etc., users on this list live with USB storage
and have found it to be reliable enough for personal and SOHO network use.
I have one, haven't done much with it. Are there any alternative ways to interface storage? Maybe add SATA ports or something?

On raspberry Pi 1 to 4 No, you have a choice of USB 2 or USB 3

Raspberry Pi 5 Yes with and NVME hat interfaced to the pcie "port"

I am using a Pi 5 (desktop) with USB 3 port hooked to an NVME external drive and it works just fine.

It is much faster than the Pi 4 I was using because of the new "south bridge"