I have decided to ask the following in a separate thread.

On 17/02/2024 02:59, David Wright wrote
(Re: f3tools vs Silicon Power 4T drive):
lulu () { sudo udisksctl unlock --block-device /dev/disk/by-partlabel/Lulu01 && mount /media/lulu01
  }

I am evaluating if udisks2 D-Bus API allows to create a tool as convenient as pmount(1) that is smart enough to unlock a device before mounting it (optionally with specified name of mountpoint)

    pmount /dev/sda1 mybackup

I have puzzled by your function however. I believed that udisks was created to allow *regular* users to mount drives. If you are using sudo why do not you use "cryptsetup open" directly? Otherwise udisksctl can ask password if policy does not allow disk operations for the current user.

P.S. Unfortunately mount name is hardcoded in udisksd. It is either label or UUID, it can not be specified when a partition is mounted.