Hello,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 08:16:49PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> > I've never heard of this. I did a bit of searching around and all I
> > can find is assertions that cable colour doesn't matter for SATA. I
> > can't seem to find anything about red pigment damaging the copper.
> > Have you got a reference so I can learn more?
>
> Don't you ever read Gene Heskett posts?

Ah I see:

    Stefan: Can you point to any evidence?

    Gene: Just my own life [segue to story from 1970]

The usual story.

Yeah I skipped that thread the first time around owing to its
subject line containing "urban legends".

> consider searching this very list's archives.

Moments of my life I will never get back, and no more authoritative
sources unfortunately!

Thanks,
Andy