Hi,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 07:53:38PM -0500, Default User wrote:
> Note: I occurs to me that another idea would be to simply delete all
> files from the "bad" drive, then rsync everything fresh from the "good"
> drive back onto the "bad" drive.

You can do it in one step with rsync --delete … which will delete
anything that doesn't exist on the source.

> IIUC, that would the cause the "bad" sector to be retired, and replaced
> by a "good" sector.

Yes, a lot of the time a new write is successful and when it's not
it will be remapped. As long as the remapped sector count doesn't
keep going up I'd be fairly comfortable in continuing to use the
drive (assuming backups exist) s while longer.

Thanks,
Andy