Am 22.02.2024 um 13:18:48 Uhr schrieb Frank Weißer:

> I use to encrypt my swap and /var/tmp partitions during installation.

That is LUKS.

> the partition tool in debian installer offers me randomized keys for
> that and has 'delete partition' set to 'yes', which costs lot of
> time, not necessary on new hdd/ssd and - my opinion - on randomized
> keys. I propose switching to 'no', when selecting randomized keys.

Why?
A user can rather easy select what he wants.

> Further I can select ext2 or swap for partition format.

That is really strange. swap is only for the special-purpose swap
partition.

> I use ext2 for /var/tmp, but
> - in /etc/crypttab the marker 'tmp' is missing for the /var/tmp
> partition

Which marker?
crypttab is only for decrypting the partition and creating a device
file for the encrypted one.

> - in /etc/fstab ext2 is set instead of ext4, that cryptsetup defaults
> to. So on reboot I end up in emergency mode.

If you format it in ext2, choose that.
Or was that an automatic decision by the installer?

--
Gruß
Marco

Spam und Werbung bitte an ichschickerekl...@cartoonies.org