Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 05:49:58AM +0100, Kamil Jońca wrote:
> With cron, regular user can set up his/her jobs wihtout using admin
> credentials, and these jobs will be triggered regardless of being logged
> in. Is it possible with systemd timers?

Once you enable lingering for a user, that user's timers will
trigger all the time.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd/User#Automatic_start-up_of_systemd_user_instances

I haven't yet found anything that I could do with cron that I can't
do with systemd timers, though sometimes the behaviour of cron where
it emails you the output (if any) is very convenient and is tricky
(but not impossible) to replicate with systemd timers.

Thanks,
Andy