Hello everyone,

I'm not a developer, but I'm trying to build xfce4-screensaver and
suspect I may be missing a development package.

I've sudo apt-get installed everything on this list:
https://salsa.debian.org/xfce-extras-team/xfce4-screensaver/blob/debian/master/debian/control#L6

When I try to configure xfce4-screensaver for building, this is what I
see:

/m/h/m/.l/g/xfce4-screensaver (master|✔) $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc
(...)
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: intltoolize --copy --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gtkdoc
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
savers/Makefile.am:53: error: library used but 'RANLIB' is undefined
savers/Makefile.am:53:   The usual way to define 'RANLIB' is to add
'AC_PROG_RANLIB'
savers/Makefile.am:53:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'autoconf' again.
autoreconf: error: automake failed with exit status: 1

The xfce4-screensaver dev tells me that the issue may be a missing
dependency, but as they're not on Debian, they can't help me.
https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-screensaver/-/issues/138#note_85344

Can any of you?

Best,
t.h.