Hello :)

Le 15/03/2024 à 00:26, Miguel A. Vallejo a écrit :
Hello!

This evening I tried to install virtualbox into a fresh Bookworm install. I followed the steps in Virtualbox's Debian Wiki entry. After set up fasttrack repository successfully and issue a apt install virtualbox command I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  virtualbox: Depends: python3 (< 3.10) but 3.11.2-1+b1 is to be installed
               Depends: python3.9 but it is not installable
               Depends: libgsoap-2.8.104 but it is not installable
               Depends: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.1) but it is not installable
               Depends: libvpx6 (>= 1.6.0) but it is not installable
              Recommends: virtualbox-qt (= 7.0 .6-dfsg-1~fto11+1) but it is not going to be installed               Recommends: libqt5opengl5 (>= 5.0.2) but it is not going to be installed

I was surprised by the python 3.9 dependency, it leads me to think fasttrack repos are abandoned? What is the right way to install virtualbox in Debian Bookworm?
why not just go to virtualbox.org and download the deb install file ? no need for a repo there.

Jeff