Hello,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 01:30:08PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> I have never had long-term happiness with multiple disks
> connected via USB. I strongly recommend that you find a 4 or 8
> disk SATA/SAS PCIe card -- an LSI 2008, for example -- and connect
> through that, instead. US prices are $40-45 new. Add $15 for an 8087-to-4xSATA
> cable, you will have happiness for less than $75.

Interesting. I will keep the idea in mind.  I also had a prejudice against USB
in the beginning.

However: I have a similar disk array running 24h/24h for the last three years
on a Debian buster with no problem. I am going to upgrade this system soon, so
if there is something bad with bullseye's kernel I would love to learn about
it :)