Am 01.04.2024 um 18:52 schrieb David Christensen:
> A bad USB flash drive would explain why you cannot boot the Debian
> installer.  Please buy a good quality USB 3.0+ flash drive and try again.

A friend of mine just let me use an external CD-Drive with the netboot
image. This is already the third time, i am restarting the installation
process, due to my false assumptions about the intelligence within the
installer.

The last time, i was quite happy until i came to notice, that partitions
were not aligned with physical sector boundaries, which i assumed would
be elementary best practice.

But apart from losing some of my illusions the hard way, all is well.
A big thank you to all the crowd offering suggestions and encouragement.

so long, DdB