On 4/10/24 08:49, Paul Leiber wrote:
Am 10.04.2024 um 13:10 schrieb David Christensen:
Does the Btrfs in Debian 11 or Debian 12 still require manual maintenance?  If so, what and how often?

Scrub and balance are actions which have been recommended. I am using btrfsmaintenance scripts [1][2] to automate this. I am doing a weekly balance and a monthly scrub. After some reading today, I am getting unsure if this is approach is correct, especially if balance is necessary anymore (it usually doesn't find anything to do anyway), so please take these periods with caution. My main message is that such operations can be automated using the linked scripts.

Best regards,

Paul

[1] https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/btrfsmaintenance
[2] https://github.com/kdave/btrfsmaintenance

Thank you.  Those scripts should be useful.

David