On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:21:46AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2004-01-30 14:57:37 -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> > Aha, that explains why the 2nd message worked: I have a mutt rule that
> > adds the correct From for list-replies.  I guess I'll have to make sure
> > Mutt adds a valid From or Sender in all cases.
> >
> > I'll have to make sure all mail-generating programs do that: is there a
> > facility in Debian to assist with that, or will I need to administer
> > Identities in each MUA individually?
>
> Isn't postfix able to do email rewriting?

I guess but it apparently doesn't do it OOB.  I never liked how Exim
leaked my AccountFullName+EtcEmailAddressesEmail identity in the Sender
when I was using an alternate valid From email and nickname (like here).

So I like the idea of doing it in the MUA but I would still like some
standarization or central management.  Probably can't have both.

I'm crawling forward.  At least I'm aware of the issues.

BTW, I realized if you purge Exim's configuration, /etc/email-addresses
will disappears if you haven't modified it.