j smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i have 2 TV cards:
>
> 1) Flyvideo 98 card, bt878 chip
> 2) Ati TV-wonder VE
>
> the 2nd card works under Debian 3.0, but the 1st does
> not. can you help me?

I have a similar card (with FM) and have no issues with it. You provided
very little info describing the actual problem but my bet is that you do
not have appropriate module configuration settings. Try out the following
settings.
in /etc/modutils/bttv (create the file if not existing) put;
options bttv card=56 radio=1
options tuner type=5
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
alias char-major-145 r128
alias char-major-175 agpgart
options agpgart agp_try_unsupported=1

then run 'update-modules' to regenerate /etc/modules.conf

then to load neccessary modules at boot time, do;
echo tuner >> /etc/modules
echo bttv >> /etc/modules

--
Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya

"The box said, 'Designed for Windows NT or better,' so I installed Debian
GNU/Linux"