On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:26:52PM +0100, Danny wrote:
> Hi Nano Nano,
>
> thank you for your posting, but I'm an absolute Linux beginner. I have
> installed only Windows, so I can't compile a new kernel, as I have no Linux
> avaiable.
>
> All I need is for the installation some binary driver that the Debian 3 R2
> installer detects my FastTrak 376.

well, if you figure out how to just supply a floppy during setup, post
it here and let me know.  There is an option to add a floppy driver
disk, in theory you could do it.  I never could figure that out, until I
read the instructions I gave you there.

I'm not sure if 2.4.18 supported promise but it just wasn't selected in
the .config.  anybody know?