Hi folks,

Thanks for the suggestion on the kernel. I could not go online under Linux to download anything until the modem is configured in. I just realise that the cd I have comes with kernel-source-2.4.18. So I carry out the steps for upgrading. Was really glad to discover that it supports ppp on Ethernet eventhough experimental only. I went through menu config, buildpackage etc, everything works fine all the way to the end with any error. But  I could not reboot the system to the new version.

Error msg :
fsck.ext: No such file on the system while trying to open <device>.
the superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem...

There was a suggestion about creating a new superblock but it gives the same error msg when I tried it out.

Any suggestion(s)?

Cheers.

Do you Yahoo!?