  Nikita> Can you read other CDs (not burnt bu yourself)?  Are you sure device
  Nikita> is at /dev/hdc (and not /dev/scd0 because of ide- scsi emulation)?

Yes, I can read other CDs (including ones burnt using kernel 2.4).
I'm not using ide-scsi emulation because I'm running kernel 2.6.3.
I know the device is /dev/hdc because that is what I specify when I burn a CD.
-----
Timothy Jedlicka, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork
Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire